LEICESTER PRIDE ANNOUNCE INAUGURAL ‘UNSUNG HERO AWARD 2015’ IN ASSOCIATION WITH EMERY JOHNSON ASTILLS SOLICITORS
Leicester Pride’s annual event once again returns to the city this September, spanning a full nine days with a series of art, culture, sport, music and film events celebrating the great diversity of the LGBT community in Leicestershire. 2015 sees the Committee go one step further by announcing the first LGBT ‘Unsung Hero Award 2015’, in association with Emery Johnson Astills Solicitors.
“Our main goal has always been to promote diversity, advanced education and to eliminate discrimination. The benefits of Leicester Pride, as well as the ‘Unsung Hero Award’, is to raise awareness of both the issues affecting the LGBT community and to recognise the people that work tirelessly to better the lives of Leicestershire’s LGBT community and its partners,” states Martyn Parker, Chairman of Leicester Pride.
One of the many reasons that Emery Johnson Astills Solicitors is involved with Leicester Pride, and why they were keen to co-create the ‘Unsung Hero Award’, is to introduce a new way to recognize and reward the achievements of individuals within the LGBT community and their supporters with this prestigious award.
“As advocates of equality and firm supporters of the LGBT community here in Leicestershire, we’re thrilled to be supporting this inaugural ‘Unsung Hero Award’ award. As an independent law firm, we recognize the impact people can make, whether alone or part of a group and we’re immensely excited to be able to acknowledge the impact of that one special individual in this award”, commented Jonathan Foster, Partner and Specialist Family Solicitor at Emery Johnson Astills.
Nominations are open to the public from the 20th June and close on 24st July. Entrants are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the contact details of their nominee along with a short summary (max 500 words) on why they feel that person should win the award. A shortlist will then be selected and the overall winner announced at the Leicester Pride Ball at the City Rooms on 28th August.
End of Release.
Notes to Editors:
- Nominations open on the 20th June 2015 and the closing date is 24th July 2015.
- Anyone can nominate, so long as their chosen person meets the criteria for an award. A small summary of why they’re nominating the individual is required.
- Criteria for a nomination is someone who has made significant contributions within the LGBT community, through either charity work, professional or personal involvement or a general promotion of the rights of LGBT individuals.
- The email address to send nominations (max 500 words) is email@example.com
- The winner will receive their recognition, award and prizes at the Leicester Pride Ball on 28th August at The City Rooms, Leicester.
- The winner of the award will also win tickets to Leicester Pride on 5th September, plus a meet & greet with X-Factor’s Sam Bailey.
- The judging panel is made up of some of the city’s leading advocates of LGBT rights, including Jonathan Foster from Emery Johnson Astills; Jonathan Fraser from FU Media & dluxe Magazine; Nickolai Foster from Curve; Simon Harrison and Martyn Parker from Leicester Pride and Jonathan Lampon from the BBC who all individually represent or make a contribution in ways to the LGBT community.