You Need A Specialist Divorce Solicitor

To Dissolve Your Civil Partnership

You must have been in a civil partnership for more than one year before you can make an application to the court and will need to provide evidence of one or more of following:

  • Unreasonable behaviour, such that you cannot reasonably be expected to continue to live with your civil partner
  • Separation for two years, where your civil partner consents to a dissolution order
  • Separation for five years 
  • Desertion by your civil partner for a period of two years prior to the application

If the court is satisfied that the civil partnership has broken down irretrievably, a dissolution order will be granted. And, if there are children of the family, your Emery Johnson Astills divorce solicitor can help you to provide a ‘statement of arrangements’ for the children after the dissolution order is final.

Because dissolving your civil partnership is very similar to getting divorced, your might like to download our fact sheet which answers many of the questions you are likely to have. Then book a fixed fee consultation today so we can assess your case and offer useful guidance.